Mark Terry

Monday, June 29, 2009

Powder Grace

June 29, 2009
Driving home after picking up my youngest at swim club, I saw a bumper sticker that read: Powder Grace.

Which, frankly, made no sense whatsoever.

Then I realized, by squinting, that it actually read: Ponder Grace.

What a difference a single letter makes.

Not, really, that out of context "Ponder Grace" makes much sense. Youngest Son, at the age of 11, said, "What's that mean?"

To which Leanne said, "Think about grace."

And I said, "It's a religious thing. Grace of God. Unless it refers to pondering something graceful. Or maybe pondering someone named Grace."

As a zen koan, though, I sort of like: Powder Grace.

I suppose if you know Grace, your willingness to powder her may have some variables. I don't know.

Cheers,
Mark Terry

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

LOL. I suppose I wasn't supposed to laugh at this post, but it was entertaining. Thanks.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

I thought it was amusing. Why shouldn't you?

12:48 PM  
Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

LOL! It does make a good Zen koan!

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home