Mark Terry

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Drawing & Painting

June 13, 2009

I confess, usually if there's something I'm interested in and I can squeeze out the time, I try it. Hence, guitar, writing, karate, weight lifting, etc. But I'm fascinated and envious of people who can draw and paint--particularly pen and ink and pencil sketching, more than painting. For a while I gave myself a task of drawing a sketch every day, figuring it was a way to improve, but it didn't seem to. Probably I should take a class. Anyway, I tripped across this guy on the web. I'd also recommend his Goth Chick drawing and his Jessica Biel painting.


1 Comments:

Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

Holy crap, that is freaking amazing! I admit, I've always wanted to be able to draw, too. I was doing pretty well with birds, for awhile. Um, 15 years ago.

I had no idea this was how this was done. I've been obsessed with Alex Ross the last couple days. I'm just blown away by what he's done with the comic book characters, making their faces so human and expressive and with such depth. It's amazing. Plus there's all those writers who can sketch out pictures of their ideas... that's cool.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home