Mark Terry

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cult Pop Interview


September 25, 2007


As I mentioned earlier, I did a lengthy TV interview with Jim Hall and his show Cult Pop. Jim and Jerry recently created a web presence for their show, so visit the website and check out the show. I'm show #8, but there are plenty of other cool interviews to check out as well, including Tobias Buckell, Marcus Sakey, John Scalzi, and Brad Meltzer.

Check it out!

Cheers,

Mark Terry

4 Comments:

Blogger Aimless Writer said...

great interview!
Question: when you do an interview like this do you get the questions before? you're answers were quick and acurate. how do you have all your answers ready?

7:23 AM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

I didn't have any questions beforehand. It was 99% me off the cuff. The other 1% would be from chatting with Jim before hand and, me being obsessive, thinking the night before what he MIGHT ask me and thinking about what I might have to say on any given subject.

I'm also fairly comfortable with public speaking and, when I do talks, don't like to prepare too much. I prefer to talk a little and then start interacting with the audience because it's more spontaneous and, I think, interesting for everybody.

Glad I sounded like I knew what I was doing!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Aimless Writer said...

you sounded great! intelligent, confident and relaxed.
public speaking doesn't scare me if i have crib notes...
Now I gotta go read that 11 minutes Derek story! And i think you were right in the interview; Derek seems more real and loveable because he shows fear and vunerablity. And he makes mistakes. (like when he smothered that woman with the plastic bag--oops!) This little bit of insight makes me want to go back and look at my characters.

9:38 AM  
Blogger spyscribbler said...

Wow, you're so relaxed. I'm impressed! That will never be me, LOL, unless I do hours and hours of preparation.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home