Mark Terry

Monday, September 17, 2007

Juggling an Attitude Adjustment


September 17, 2007


I'm fried. I feel like I've been juggling flaming chainsaws. I calculated that in three days (last Saturday, Sunday and yesterday) I spent over 26 hours on book promotion.

In the last week I've conducted almost a dozen interviews. Attended "curriculum night" twice in the last two weeks, one for each kid, and started in on The Great Homework Nag, 2007-2008.

I've also organized two--yes, count them, two!--book proposals in the last week alone.

My attitude sucks. I'm annoyed and pissed off about the publishing industry and book promotion and so, lest I inflict all this negativity on you, I'm going to take a blog hiatus of at least a week, possibly longer, and concentrate on things that, uh, well, other things.

Swing by in a week, maybe I'll be back.

In the meantime, check out Eric Clapton and friends from the Crossroads Music Festival playing "Got To Get Better Tomorrow" here. Way cool.

Cheers,

Mark

5 Comments:

Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

If you were a girl, I'd send you cyberhugs. So, how's a cyber slap on the back? A cyber beer? Chin up, hope you feel better soon, all that ...

When I get in a knot, I always disappear to a movie theater on a weekday night, late show, when no one else is in the theater. Takes me outta my problems for a little while.

Have a better week!

10:44 AM  
Blogger PJ Parrish said...

Mark,

Go somewhere quiet and soul-nourishing (even if it's only in your head) and forget about all this. I did and it helped.

See you when you feel better.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Joe Moore said...

You forgot about beta reading BLACK NEEDLES. :-) BTW, thanks.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Charmingirl said...

Wholesale lingerie directly from China?
As a famous brand and specialized manufacturer of sexy clothing in China. We supply the international market with fashionable sexy lingerie and sexy costume since 2002. With advanced technology,all our products are of high quality. Now we have clients all around the world. Lingerie Wholesale and OEM are welcomed!

As a Lingerie Manufacturer, Charmingirl has standard workshop and production line, professional designers and experienced workers.
We do Wholesale Underwear,
Lingerie Wholesale, including corset and bustier,
Sexy Lingerie Wholesale, including bikini, underwear
Lingerie Wholesale, and Babydolls, Sexy Lingerie Wholesale, and
Sexy Lingerie Wholesale including sleepwear,clubwear.
Lingerie Wholesale from China: Lingerie China, you will find the
Leather Lingerie and PVC Lingerie, also you can buy
Christmas Costume and Xmas Lingerie
for your Christmas Lingerie Christmas day.
Our Wholesale center: Sexy Lingerie Wholesale can do Lingerie Wholesale online.
Halloween Costume,
also wholesale Adult Costume with fashion Babydoll Babydoll, and bra and panties Bra and Panties, Sexy Uniform Sexy Uniform is also our major products.
we have strong ability on production, research and technology, advanced facilities that is imported fromGermany and Japan, now our monthly output is 100000 pcs.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope i can get FFXI Gil in low price,
Yesterday i bought FFXI gold for my friend.
i want him like it. i will give Final Fantasy XI gold to him
as birthday present. i like the cheap Final Fantasy XI Gold very much.
I usually buy FFXI Gil and keep it in my store.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home