Mark Terry

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Summon the Kraken

September 3. 2006
Labor Day weekend and I'm having problems laboring, which might be the problem, I suppose. I got this holiday backwards!

Saturday was crappy weather--chilly and rainy--and we dragged our sorry butts out to Great Lake Crossing, the nearest mall, to catch Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest for a second time. Now, let's be clear. Oxford has a fine theater and we already saw Dead Man's Chest when it came out. We despise the AMC theater at GLC because, it's, well... expensive and because it's, well, at a mall! And we don't like malls. My wife has gotten damn near pathological about the mall. But off we went.

And afterward we caught a lunch at Wendy's, and by this time I had a headache, so when we finally got home I finished cleaning the house after dosing my brain with Motrin, and we got the solar blanket off the pool before it rained so we could dry it out and put it away for the season. And I planned to put in a couple hours of work and didn't because my head hurt and I was tired and I couldn't get it in gear, although I did finish prepping my mailings so I can go annoy the post office on Tuesday. Then, later in the evening, I transferred my WIP that I've just started playing with onto a flash drive and spent a little time on the couch with the laptop working on it--until the kids brought the ice cream upstairs and needed someone to dole it out, and that interrupted me sufficiently to shut down...

And today we got up late and we had debated what to do about our 20th wedding anniversary coming up in a few days, and decided to go to a local restaurant--Kalloway's--that has an amazing Sunday brunch (though a bit expensive), so we all went there around 10:45 or so and ate way too much, and stopped at Harvest Time to pick up some apples, and I'm downstairs in my office now with the intention of working, but I seem to be dicking around instead...

There's no point here, I'm just wasting time, putting off actually doing some work.

Best,
Mark Terry

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on twenty years. I've actually been married for almost 28 years. Of course, that's two different marriages...

10:02 AM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

20 years. Sure flies by. Thanks.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Confessions of a Starving Mystery Writer said...

I can't seem to make it past 2 years. I've been married and divorced twice. A commitment problem? Anyway, congrats.

The new site looks good. BTW

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope i can get Tales Of Pirates gold in low price,
Yesterday i buy Tales Of Pirates Gold for my friend.
i want him like it. i gave Tales Of Pirates money to him as birthday present.
i like the cheap Tales Of Pirates gold very much.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a new player , you may need some game guides or information to enhance yourself.
kal geons is one of the hardest theme for every class at the beginning . You must have a good way to manage your kal gold.If yor are a lucky guy ,you can earn so many kal online geons by yourself . But if you are a not , I just find a nice way to get kal online gold. If you need , you can buy kalonline Geons at our website . Go to the related page and check the detailed information . Once you have any question , you can connect our customer service at any time .

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home