Mark Terry

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Wondering and wandering...

August 22, 2006
I was walking Frodo last night, just a medium loop through the neighborhood, and my brain was spinning at some of the things I noticed:

--there's a house on the corner for sale. It's been "abandoned" for some time and only recently went up for sale. I wonder what happened to the people who used to live there. They went south for the winter and never came back...

--same house has had a lot of activity since the FOR SALE sign went up. Last night there was a couple standing outside with their realtor. The realtor was a tall, leggy blonde in tight jeans and without offending anybody, she was HOT. And I thought: Is being that good looking a liability or advantage in the real estate business? Can you use your looks to close the deal, or do you get the men saying, "I don't know, let's go out and look at a few more houses... " again and again.

--passed a white panel van parked on the street. We've got a lot of people who run their own businesses in our subdivision--painters, plumbers, carpenters, etc. I noticed a fishing rod and reed laying across the dashboard and I wondered: Is that wishful thinking? Does this guy go to lunch at the nearest lake or stream and cast a few while eating his PB&J? Or does he just wish he could?

--two dead squished frogs on the road. I remember last year counting over 40 along that stretch of Somerville. Has this year's "Rain of Frogs" begun?

I wonder...

Best,
Mark Terry

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nothing makes it across Somerville alive. Must be the 60mph speed limit that those living in the back of the sub have decided upon. As for the real estate agent, I don't think it helps. The wife--the one who actually makes the decision--hates her already, therefore she hates the house.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the real estate agent could find a big NY publisher....

10:24 AM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Good point, both of you. Yeah, you're right, Ron. Silly me.

Eric, hmmm, sleeping your way to a big contract. I'm sure it happens from time to time, just like it does in every other field of endeavor. Never seemed like a good (or likely) approach for me.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a new player , you may need some game guides or information to enhance yourself.
kal geons is one of the hardest theme for every class at the beginning . You must have a good way to manage your kal gold.If yor are a lucky guy ,you can earn so many kal online geons by yourself . But if you are a not , I just find a nice way to get kal online gold. If you need , you can buy kalonline Geons at our website . Go to the related page and check the detailed information . Once you have any question , you can connect our customer service at any time .

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home