February 24, 2011
I'm busy. My brain is mush and my interest in writing fiction is probably at an all-time low. So what's going on?
1. Finishing up a big article this week.
2. Youngest son is home sick.
3. Kids had Monday off for holiday and Tuesday off for snow day.
4. In the middle of edits for the technical journal I edit and two of the articles have huge issues with references.
5. Working on my twice-a-week column.
6. Wrapping up edits on a memoir I was hired to edit/rewrite. Much bigger job than I expected it to be for a variety of reasons.
7. Routinely looking for more work.
8. Set up a talk with a potential client later this week.
9. Organizing tax information.
10. Getting things organized to publish anthology, DEADLY BY THE DOZEN.
11. Trying to figure out Smashwords formatting issues. I mean, really, if you can't use tab or the space bar to indent paragraphs, how are you supposed to do it?
12. Despite my aggravation with publishing, I'm still plunking away at the next Derek Stillwater novel.
13. Crashed through 100 pages of a tech thriller for my agent, only she doesn't like it. Haven't decided whether to trash it (unlikely), finish it and self-publish (likely) or throw a bomb through her office door (thinking about it).
14. Trying to complete nonfiction book to e-self-publish on freelance writing for a living.
15. Playing around with other fiction ideas, although I don't actually do much more than stare at the computer screen and say, "What's the point?"
16. Will probably start a ghostwriting gig next week, but it hasn't been nailed down yet.
17. Looking at the 19 things on my to-do list and wondering why I only get to a few of them each day.
18. Need to find another source or two for an article about healthcare reform.
19. Blogging is not on the to-do list.
How about you?