Mark Terry

Thursday, February 17, 2011

From An Expected Source

February 17, 2011
Huh. I never thought I'd get kicked out of a funk by Zoe Winters, but her post about not going all spazzo about e-publishing and the "get-rich quick" scheme mentality that's going around was exactly what I needed at exactly the right time. So, Zoe ... thanks.

This is not a race. The sky is not falling. Anyone who tells you they know the future is kidding themselves. No one knows the future. Will it be a super easy gold rush? Most likely no. Does that mean there will be NO opportunities after some nebulous point in time in the future? Of course not. Even after all the music industry has suffered, there are STILL new success stories. There will always be new success stories in every creative field. And there will always be the success stories that don’t make the news but are still just as impressive… the people quietly going about their business making a living doing what they love… for decades.

I want to be one of THOSE people.


Yeah, Zoe. F***in' A.

2 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

the people quietly going about their business making a living doing what they love… for decades.

Well said. I'd be thrilled if I were one of the Few Success Stories, but I'll be happy to keep selling enough to do what I love to do.

And happy is quite enough.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Zoe Winters said...

Hey, Mark! Thanks for the shout out! That means a lot. :)

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home