Mark Terry

Monday, January 03, 2011

Back At It

January 3, 2011
Well, after a quasi-vacation where I only worked a few hours most days and occasionally actually didn't do any work whatsoever (well, I think there were 2 of those out of 2 weeks that weren't actual holidays), I'm back at it. The kids are off to school. The routine schedule itself won't totally kick in for another week. Leanne's grandmother passed away yesterday--she was 95, so Leanne will be off tomorrow as well as today, but other than that, it's back to work.

So what am I doing today?

Hey, I got out my first invoice of the year for a piece I did over the holidays. I did a bit of work on my twice-weekly column due Thursday. I'm going to start organizing this year's first technical journal issue, start working on an article for a publication I regularly write for, continue to work on my WIP. I'm going to start editing a short story anthology I'm organizing, editing and e-publishing. I've decided on the topic of a nonfiction book proposal, so I hope to get to some of that research today. Here's today's to-do list.

1. M&S due
2. Ob J pieces due + invoice
3. D Sherman appt--10:00
4. gym
5. Pod Mgt-time mgt
6. edit test w/Tricore
7. JAGT #1, 2011
8. Serpent's Kiss --PubIt
9. Sins
10. Freelancing bk
11. NF proposal
12. Plague
13. Proof Edge
14. Anthology
15. queries
16. read newsletters
17. BB email

How about you? How's your day looking?

Cheers,
Mark

7 Comments:

Blogger Jude Hardin said...

I worked all night at the hospital, so my day's looking like sleep. Then back to work tonight.

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Eric Mayer said...

Mary did a rough draft of chapter 32 of the new mystery so I will be adding my two cents to that today. I am afraid I cannot multi-task to the extent you can.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Night, Jude!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Eric,
What, you mean you can concentrate on one thing for long than 10 minutes? How do you do that?

9:27 AM  
Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

I'm with Eric. I could never do that in a million years. I can do like, TOPS, two things a day. Maybe three. A list of 17 things would TOTALLY freak me out!

I just have two emails (one done), a 4,000 word story to write for Pseudie, and I have to re-read and finish outlining what I have so far (51K) of Pseudie's WIP. I'll be lucky if I get all that done!

Oooh! Three emails! A programmer is going to help me write a program to divide the Kindle .html file into one .xhtml file per chapter for .epub files, which was taking me hours upon hours to do manually. I'm so excited!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Let's not assume I actually get to everything on my to-do list. I'm doing pretty well today, plus I just minutes ago received a very unexpected royalty check for the nonfiction book, so I'm having a damned good day, but I'll probably only get to half the items on my list.

11:23 AM  
Blogger ssas said...

So maybe that's a week list? :)

Tomorrow I still have kids and my mom here, so I'm looking at a movie in the morning and I have crit group at night.

I'm guessing tonight I'll write a bit, work on the crits for tomorrow, maybe hit the slushpile.

Then tomorrow am I'll be up early to write, finish crits, and then play with the kids in the afternoon. Then I'll do dinner and head for critique group.

That would be awesome if I got all that done between now and tomorrow at 130 when I leave for the movie.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home