Mark Terry

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sad

November 30, 2010
Just found out that one of our neighbors, Lisa S., passed away Sunday of breast cancer. Her daughter is the same age as Ian, but she was going to the International Academy rather than the public school. She was probably in her mid 40s. Way too young. I didn't know her terribly well, but she was a lovely, lovely woman. I remember talking to her a couple years ago and she found out I was a writer and was impressed, then made the comment, "That's so cool you're doing that. I'm just working to retire, I guess." If ever there was a reason to pursue your dreams, man, that conjunction of events would seem to underline it. I'm sure she will be missed terribly by her family. Rest in peace, Lisa.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Eric Mayer said...

What a shame. When I feel down I always try to remind myself that I'm still around and have already had a longer time than many people get.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Erica Orloff said...

So Sad. I just pray I live long enough for each of my kids to reach adulthood. One down, three to go.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Yeah. She was a lovely woman. Her daughter is either 16 or 17.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home