Mark Terry

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Gearing Up

August 26, 2010
My mother passed away late yesterday afternoon. She was 83.

I noticed, as I scrambled this morning to get things done so I can go down to Chelsea to help my brother and sister deal with things, that after the initial shock and sadness and the sort of blank inability to process details (okay, I'm sure I wasn't the only one), that now we're all gearing up. We're pulling together when we're meeting and where, what needs to be done and how. Plans are being made.

I suspect that's a part of how we deal with death and how we move on. By moving on, by taking care of all the life details that have to be dealt with.

As my friend Erica commented recently on Facebook, quoting from somebody, Robert Frost?, that the only thing they have learned about life is that it goes on.

Talk to you later.

Mark

15 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Parrish said...

Mark, I am so sorry. Losing the person who brought you into the world is one of the hardest things to face.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Jon VanZile said...

Mark,

I'm sorry for your family's loss. I'll be thinking of you today ...

6:56 AM  
Blogger Erica Orloff said...

Hi Mark:
I am so sorry. It was Frost, and yes, Life goes on, but that doesn't mean it goes on without pain.

You're in my thoughts. And prayers.

E

7:28 AM  
Blogger ssas said...

I am so sorry, Mark!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Jude Hardin said...

So sorry for your loss, Mark.

7:56 AM  
Blogger David Ebright said...

Sorry about your mom, Mark. It's good that you have your brother & sister to work with.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Heidi Willis said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. So sorry for your loss.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

It does that. *hugs* I'm sorry, Mark. :-(

10:58 AM  
Blogger Travis Erwin said...

Mark, my heart goes out to you and your family.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Largo Chimp said...

May the angels carry your mother into paradise.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Sage Ravenwood said...

I'm so sorry dear friend. I'm sending prayers on the smoke. My thoughts are with you and yours. (Hugs)Indigo

4:41 PM  
Blogger Keith Snyder said...

I'm very sorry to hear this.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Kath Calarco said...

Mark, my sincere condolences. Moms are the heart of the family, and their loving beat continues eternally.

Keeping you in my thoughts.

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Jim said...

Mark, my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

6:53 AM  
Blogger L.C. Gant said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray for strength and healing for your family during this difficult time.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home