Mark Terry

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Sorta Hiatusing, Ya Know

August 5, 2010
So, you know, I was chaperoning marching band camp again last night, and hoping I could get home early to get some work done before I have to drive back up to camp for the final performance and to pick up my kid, but STILL have time to do some packing for leaving on vacation tomorrow, but instead my wife and I had to stay for breakfast and deal with some band booster issues (i.e., write checks), so I didn't get home until 10:30, and then I had a problem with a camera connection so I had to run off to the store to get some photos developed ASAP for, well, never mind, but the gist of it is, I'm heading off on vacation not-soon-enough and I may or may not be posting here, we'll see. So... see ya.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Eric Mayer said...

Have a good vacation. Hopefully you will be going away where you won't be tempted to work.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Jim said...

When you return from your hiatus...
Normon Spinrad has recently written three blog postings about the "Death Spiral" of the mid-list author -- specifically his personal publishing death spiral in the U.S. despite his many awards and successes (even now he is a best-seller in France and Mexico, but can't seem to get his latest books published in the U.S.). You might be interested in reading -- and commenting. (He says that at age 70 and having just survived cancer, he doesn't really care if this will hurt his name with U.S. publishers -- besides which, they don't seem to want to take a chance on his stuff anyway.)

http://normanspinradatlarge.blogspot.com/2010_07_25_archive.html

http://normanspinradatlarge.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html

http://normanspinradatlarge.blogspot.com/2010_08_08_archive.html

3:37 PM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Jim,
I've read the first one. I'll have to catch up on the rest of the series.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home