Mark Terry

Friday, October 30, 2009

Sorta Pollyanna

October 30, 2009
Well, my earlier posting of Miley Cyrus's lyrics seemed kind of atypical and pollyanna-ish, so here, read this, it's more Mark-ish. I wouldn't want The Divine Ms. O accusing me of being replaced by a pod from outer space.

Besides, my editor and her husband, who owns my publishing company, were in town today and we had lunch. She mentioned (she's an author herself), "Sometimes I wonder why anybody wants to be an author." I said something along the lines of, "Yeah, I wonder sometimes, too." What I thought, particularly since the focus of their conversation was heavily on how many book signings could I do (the number 65 was bandied about, only about 10% in jest, I suspect), was somewhat along the lines of: fuck if I know.

Anyway,
Happy Halloween!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Parrish said...

65 book signings is approximately 64 more than I want to do. Give or take.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Aw, gee, Stephen, you're just getting started. Who knows, you might like them. Although, how are you going to do that, anyway? (Maybe you'll get a German translation).

3:02 PM  
Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

Yeah, I don't know. I was sort of daydreaming about working in a bookstore and writing a little less, but every time I go for more than three hours I get an asthma attack. (Although I love the bookstore so much the asthma attack is generally worth it, that feeling has been on the decline.)

So yeah. It's sort of been an elimination of everything else, LOL. It's sorta irritating. But also a gift I'm thankful for.

SIXTY-FIVE?

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home