Mark Terry

Monday, February 23, 2009

Mark's Academy Awards

February 23, 2009
Okay, I watched part of the Oscars last night, but since I haven't seen ANY of the movies except The Dark Knight, I'm going to provide my own awards for movies I've actually seen even if, you know, I saw some of them on DVD at home.

Best Film: Iron Man
I'm sorry, but out of all the movies I saw in the theater, I think this was the one I enjoyed the most.

Best Director: Hell, I don't know.

Best Actor: Paul Giamatti. In John Adams, which we're plowing through now. Quite a performance.

Best Actress: Oh, I don't know. It wasn't Meryl Streep, who I like, but I don't think I saw any of her movies recently.

Best Supporting Actor: Okay, Heath Ledger. I didn't much like The Dark Knight, but he gave one hell of a final performance. And it kind of breaks your heart to see his parents and sister accept the Academy Award. Talk about bitter-sweet.

Best Supporting Actress: The only actress that comes to mind, which probably tells you something about their roles, is Gwyneth Paltrow in Iron Man. I'm not a huge fan, but I thought she looked fabulous in this movie and acted reasonably well in it, and frankly, I just can't think of any other supporting actress roles I saw last year. In fact, I barely remember the movies I saw this year. Maybe I should keep a list.

What about you? Hey, I know Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull sucked, but Karen Allen was pretty good in it even if Cate Blanchette probably wasn't.

Cheers,
Mark Terry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home