Mark Terry

Thursday, January 08, 2009

I Thought They Were Joking or... The World Really Is Going To Hell In A Handcart

January 8, 2009
This is from the Christian Science Monitor, which I linked through from a journalism jobs website.

Joe The Plumber To Become A War Correspondent
Hey, remember that old saying, “I’d rather get my international news from an unlicensed plumber than an experienced journalist?”
We don’t either. But if that’s your motto, we’ve got good news for you: Joe the Plumber is back!
Joe the war correspondent
A conservative web site long known for its international news prowess (Pajamas TV - who else?) has hired the former kind-of plumber/McCain prop/kind-of author to be its war correspondent over in Israel.
By the way, we’re not making this up.

***
Really, I mean... oh shit, I'm just sort of speechless here.

Mark


1 Comments:

Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

Ya' know, I've written this cliche far more times than it's actually happened, but this time it's true: my jaw just dropped open.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home