Mark Terry

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

T'Wouldn't Be Thanksgiving Without A Thankfulness Post, Now Would It, Dear?

November 26, 2008
Yes, I try to have an Attitude of Gratitude.

Every day I wake up, I'm grateful that I do, because the alternative... not so good.

I'm grateful for my kids. They've filled my life with something unexpected and wonderful. They draineth my wallet and my gas tank and shareth all their viruses and bacteria with me, thank thee oh lord!

I'm grateful for my wife. Guess I made a good decision all those years ago. Hopefully she thinks so, too.

I'm grateful for Frodo. I'm always grateful for Dogs, for they shall inherit the table scraps and any extra room in the bed, yeah, verily I say.

I'm grateful I get to write for a living, not just because I like to do it, but because it makes me happy. Also, because it opened up doors to a far better life. Not tied down to a 2-3 hour commute every day and squashing my writing obsessions into the evenings, it freed up time to go to the gym, to ride my bike, to run, to take guitar lessons, to study karate, to be the secretary of the band boosters, to spend time with my kids, to be their chauffeur and occasional chaperone. In many more ways than just writing, this has been the greatest blessing of becoming a freelance writer--it opened up my world and let me fill up my life with things I would never have had time to do otherwise.

I'm continually grateful for my good health. No shit, kemosabe, but the expression, "If you have your health, you have everything" isn't a joke or a cliche. It's a significant, core truth. You can have a full, rich life even with chronic illnesses, but it's a whole lot easier when you're healthier.

I'm grateful for this odd little community in the blogosphere. Really. All my friends I've never met who I wouldn't recognize if I walked past you on the street, but I know your voices, so thank you for sharing your lives with me here.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Mark

9 Comments:

Blogger Erica Orloff said...

Well . . . we love ya, too!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY. Give Frodo lots of leftovers and scraps.
E

8:41 AM  
Blogger Kath Calarco said...

This is a repeat comment (via Erica Orloff blog): I'm grateful to have survived my past without regrets.

P.S. Well, doesn't it just make sense that today's word verification is "WHINESS"? They saw me coming.

Happy Thanksgiving - let the shopping blitz begin... NOT

9:12 AM  
Blogger Zoe Winters said...

haha I'm a total ingrate because I've yet to do a thankful post. :D But I may do it tomorrow.

Great list! :D

9:13 AM  
Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

Amen on health, especially for energy. Life is no picnic when you can't get out of bed.

DEFINITELY grateful for pets. They lend so much love to life. There's no trading it.

And the blogosphere is definitely high on the list. I love the community.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Stephen Parrish said...

Thanks for all the good advice. I'm going to recycle it, sell it, and make you proud of the fortunes I reap from it.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The FDA can't be left to drift," said Hubbard, the former official. "There's a lack of leadership when a caretaker is in charge, and the FDA can't afford that." warhammer goldwarhammer goldbuy warhammer goldbuy warhammer goldwow goldwow goldffxi gil"This would be a totally new regulatory responsibility that the FDA doesn't have expertise in," said Mark B. McClellan, who led the agency in President George W. Bush's first term. buy ffxi gilwow power levelingwow powerlevelingwow levelingwow power levelingwarhammer mark ofwarhammer questwarhammer 40k chaoscheap warhammerwarhammerwarhammer online gamewarhammer 40k terrainwarhammer mark of"As people across the world unite for the 20th anniversary of World AIDS Day on 1st December, some of the biggest names in international cricket have been playing their part in the ongoing fight against the global epidemic.Final Fantasy XI gilcheap ffxi gilffxi gildofus kamaskamas dofusdofus kamaskamas dofusWhile the agency has received some additional money and personnel to help implement new drug safety powers, many say it is overdue for a doubling of its budget. lineage 2 adenaeverquest2 platinumtibia moneyvanguard goldkal geonMany hope the new administration will quickly name a new FDA commissioner -- a post that has frequently been left in the hands of acting commissioners for long periods. An acting commissioner ran the agency for more than half of the past eight years. wow powerlevelingwow levelingArchLord goldbuy ArchLord goldCity of Heroes influencecoh influenceCity of Villains infamyCOV infamywarhammer questwarhammer 40k chaoscheap warhammerwarhammerwarhammer online gamewarhammer 40k terrainThe turmoil comes as the FDA is facing a host of new demands, including the next wave of drugs and other products resulting from breakthroughs in genetics, nanotechnology and bioengineered foods, among others. And Congress may give the FDA the power to regulate tobacco for the first time.

2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Averywow goldis a two-timewow gold league leader in wow goldpenalty minutes

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avery also wow power levelingwow powerlevelingcould be sent to an AHL team, with the Stars paying hiswow levelingwow power leveling salary; if he didn'twow powerleveling show up, he wouldn't get paid. Should tales of pirates goldsilkroad goldAvery play in the minors, he'd go through re-entry waiverssilk road goldage of conan gold on the way back into the NHL. If a team claims him, the Stars and theage conan goldage of conan power leveling new team would split the salary."We do care about Seanaoc goldaoc power levelingaoc leveling and want what is best for him," Hull said. "We've agreed to do what we can to help find himmmporpg
online games a place to play hockey once he addresses his personal issues."Prospective teams know who they woulddiablo 2 cd key get.Avery's list of misdeeds includes derogatory comments about French-Canadian players indiablo 2 cd key 2005, a fine for two pregame skirmishes last season and a stick-waving, face-guardingdaoc gold move against New Jersey's Martin Brodeur in the playoffs last spring that led to the quick creationdaoc plat
of a rule outlawing such a move; it's known as the "Avery Rule."

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He makes every defensive back look too slow,toodofus kamaskamas dofusacheter dofusbuy kamassmall or too weak toacheter kamasdofus kamaskamas dofusacheter kamasdofus kamaskamas dofuscover him.On Fitzgerald'sacheter des kamasfirst touchdown.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home