Mark Terry

Friday, November 28, 2008

Random Thoughts and Musings

November 28, 2008
Killing time, watching "Outbreak" on cable while waiting for Day II of the Thanksgiving Holiday. Did some house cleaning, walked the dog...

Yesterday was spent at a sister-in-law's. To say the least, my wife and one of her sister's do not get along. In order to convince us to actually come, the host sister-in-law has taken to lying to us about whether the other sister and her family will be there. So we walk in, they're there, and you be a grown-up and try to be semi-sociable, although that's not easy. How lovely the holidays can be.

The much more liked relatives today. No turkey, we're doing Italian--lasagna and mostaciolli.

Sci-Fi is doing a Mork & Mindy marathon today. I'm not sure the show has aged that well.

We watched "War" last night (yes, a strange holiday movie), with Jason Stathan and Jet Li. Nice twists at the end, but it's too bad the connective tissue between plot points is, like, well, not really there. So you're watching and say, "Uh, how did they know to go there?" Still, Jason Stathan makes a good badass--and if you haven't seen "The Bank Job" I really recommend it. And Jet Li, well, he's Jet Li.

Uh-oh, my wife's reading over my shoulder. She's probably going to want me to take out the stuff about her sister. Or maybe not.

My niece is supposed to be bringing her dog over today. Frodo gets along pretty well with other dogs, so this ought to be entertaining. Two dogs together, racing around the house at full speed.

Well, not much more to say, I guess. It's not like I've had anything to say anyway.

Cheers,
Mark

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the holidays. I want to have January 2 declared a holiday.

I'm not sure Mork n Mindy aged well before it was aged. Who would've guessed how good an actor Robin Williams really was? (Or judging from their tv shows -- Johnny Depp or John Travolta?)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Aimlesswriter said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
I loved Mork.
Last night was Hancock-Excellent movie.
Tonight's Get Smart-lovin' it so far.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Eric,
Leanne and I laugh about "Welcome Back, Kotter" because Travolta looked so ethnic and he's definitely improved with age. I never did watch "21 Jump Street" so I can't tell about Johnny Depp, but he's definitely been in some weird stuff over the years. Love him as Cap'n Jack Sparrow, though.

Aimless,
Hancock I liked a lot, although I took my kids to see it and was a little sensitive to all the swearing, which was considerable.

As for Get Smart, meh. If only it had been funny, although it had its moments.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Spiced Apple Eye said...

Well family troubles always make for interesting reading if you've got the right voice. Last year it was all about who lost the most weight. The year before who went on vacation where and before that who made the most money. Since I never lose weight, go on exotic vacations, or make money I just listen.

My husband is a big Get Smart fan, as in the old ones not the new movie. But I wonder what does it say about the movie industry when they're remaking B tv shows into movies? Haven't they got the courage and creativity to do something new?

3:51 AM  
Blogger Kath Calarco said...

Nothing says "Holiday" better than uncomfortable situations - they top the wedgie.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home