Mark Terry

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pictures of My Office





January 17, 2008

I've often looked at photos of writer's offices with a weird kind of fascination.

We haven't quite joined the digital age when it comes to photography, but we do have a digital video camera that allows us to take still photographs. I needed my wife to shoot some pics of me with a coat and tie on for a gig I've got as an editorial advisor, so while I had the camera all juiced up and ready to go, I shot some pics of my office.

I don't know what happened to one of the photographs, of my bookshelves, but the top is of my workstation. It's the first desk I had, the oak one, then a computer desk I inherited from my father, and a folding table that I keep supplies and materials on. The monitor on the folding table is awaiting a computer to go with it. When I bought the iMac, it came with a 24-inch monitor (actually, it's an all-in-one design) and I haven't quite figured out what to do with the second monitor yet.

The second photo is of my office manager's home-away-from-home, in other words, a futon that he sleeps on when he decides he needs to keep an eye on me. Hence, the blanket that's all over the place. Please note the white board.

Cheers,
Mark Terry

4 Comments:

Blogger Erica Orloff said...

Love this! I am the same way. I adore when writers share their lair. I like seeing where they create.
E

10:02 AM  
Blogger Aimlesswriter said...

I dream of my garret. Right now its where ever I can park my laptop. It must be great to have a place for your work to call you're own.
I dream on....

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Time to update the office. Get some much nicer furniture and a better ergonomic setup! Besides, it's a good way to lower your taxes as it's an office expense. Do yourself a favor!

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wholesale lingerie directly from China?
As a famous brand and specialized manufacturer of sexy clothing in China. We supply the international market with fashionable sexy lingerie and sexy costume since 2002. With advanced technology,all our products are of high quality. Now we have clients all around the world. Lingerie Wholesale and OEM are welcomed!

As a Lingerie Manufacturer, Charmingirl has standard workshop and production line, professional designers and experienced workers.
We do Wholesale Underwear,
Lingerie Wholesale, including corset and bustier,
Sexy Lingerie Wholesale, including bikini, underwear
Lingerie Wholesale, and Babydolls, Sexy Lingerie Wholesale, and
Sexy Lingerie Wholesale including sleepwear,clubwear.
Lingerie Wholesale from China: Lingerie China, you will find the
Leather Lingerie and PVC Lingerie, also you can buy
Christmas Costume and Xmas Lingerie
for your Christmas Lingerie Christmas day.
Our Wholesale center: Sexy Lingerie Wholesale can do Lingerie Wholesale online.
Halloween Costume,
also wholesale Adult Costume with fashion Babydoll Babydoll, and bra and panties Bra and Panties, Sexy Uniform Sexy Uniform is also our major products.
we have strong ability on production, research and technology, advanced facilities that is imported fromGermany and Japan, now our monthly output is 100000 pcs.

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home