Mark Terry

Monday, January 07, 2008

Another Trip Around The Sun

January 7, 2008

Jimmy Buffett and Martina McBride

Hear 'em singing Happy Birthday
Better think about the wish I made
This year gone by ain't been a piece of cake
Every day's a revolution
Pull it together and it comes undone
Just one more candle and a trip around the sun

Chorus:
I'm just hanging on while this old world keeps spinning
And it's good to know it's out of my control
If there's one thing that I've learned from all this living
Is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go

No, you never see it coming
Always wind up wondering where it went
Only time will tell if it was time well spent
It's another revelation
Celebrating what I should have done
With these souvenirs of my trip around the sun

(Chorus)

Yes, I'll make a resolution
Then I'll never make another one
Just enjoy this ride on my trip around the sun
Just enjoy this ride ...
Until it's done 


Yes. 44 years old today. Not sure I've learned a damned thing.

Cheers,
Mark Terry

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday.

You've already had books published and you're already working for yourself and many people dream about such things their whole lives and never achieve them.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Josephine Damian said...

Saw your birthday on myspace! Happy Birthday - again!

I'm with Eric, I'd say you've not only learned a lot but accomplished a great deal because of it.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Melanie Hooyenga said...

Happy Birthday!

Ditto what they said. :)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Awwww, thanks! :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

Happy Birthday, Mark!

What a great song: lots of wisdom there. And I think I'm going to make "every day's a revolution" my motto for the year.

Thanks for the inspiration!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Erica Orloff said...

Happy Birthday.

Seems you've gained more wisdom than you give yourself credit for. Love the lyrics . . .

May you make many more trips around the sun,
E

11:10 AM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Yeah, Mark Terry--wise guy.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Happy birthday!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Aimlesswriter said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Mark!!!
Let's see...You're a Capricorn! Goal orientated. Susan Miller says: The year 2008 is just made for you! Last month, on December 18, Jupiter, the great planet of happiness and good fortune, moved into Capricorn for the first time since 1996 to stay until January 2009, a full year. This marks the dawning of a whole new era for you, one that will erase so many of the disappointments of the past.

For more of that astrology stuff; http://www.astrologyzone.com/forecasts/monthly/capricorn_full.php
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAVE A GREAT YEAR!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Aimless
sounds promising :)

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home