Mark Terry

Friday, March 25, 2011

The Serpent's Kiss

March 25, 2011
This showed up at my door yesterday. It's the hardcover of the German edition of The Serpent's Kiss. I was certainly surprised, because I already received the paperback German edition of the same book -- in green --a year or so ago. Why the Germans would release the hardcover version after the paperback version is an interesting question, one I don't have any answer to.

The gold-ish color is sort of interesting, although the cover itself - to me, anyway - is a real puzzle. I guess that's some sort of tank of gas and it's overlaid with a bunch of American money, five dollar bills, and there's a bull's-eye that seems to get lost in all the busy-ness.

The other oddity is that I got a single copy, although who knows. My former publisher, Midnight Ink, holds most foreign rights, and they handle these things, and it's not like they communicated that much with me when I was actually actively published by them, let alone being several years down the road after they dropped my contracts. Did we say publishing is weird? Yeah, it is.

Anyway, here's the German version in hardcover and that's pretty cool.

Die Schlange hatte sich aufgerichtet und war bereit zuzu-schlagen. So dachte sie von sich - so dachte er von sich.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Eric Mayer said...

Neat. Your books get around. They visit places you've never been.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

They are. It's very cool. The only complaint I have is I have no idea how they do in the marketplace and aside from the original monies I received, never receive royalty statements or royalties or anything. I imagine bestsellers do, but I've talked to other authors with foreign sales and they've all said the only money they get from them were the advances. They're like bastard children you got from a one-night stand. Every now and then they drop you a note, but it's in a different language so you don't even know what they're saying.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home