Mark Terry

Monday, October 18, 2010

Sunshine or Rain?

October 18, 2010
Stephen King once said, when asked what the difference was between the books published under his name and the books published under his pseudonym, Richard Bachman, "The ones I write on a sunny day have my name on them; the ones with Richard Bachman were on rainy days."

I'm paraphrasing, and I'm sure he was speaking metaphorically, but I understand. In fact, having read some of the Bachman books, I TOTALLY understand.

But I was wondering, do you sometimes have sunny writing days versus rainy writing days? I know I do. (And today's probably rainy, should I actually get my act together and write something).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Eric Mayer said...

No. Any day I manage to write is a sunny day!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Wow, that's a positive attitude!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Erica Orloff said...

Oh, hell yeah.

In fact, my ENTIRE work in progress is rainy. And after, oh . . . 25 books? I am discovering my NATURAL voice is rainy and melancholy (yet in REAL life, it is anything but!).

3:48 AM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Erica,
Maybe it's the Russian in you.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Erica Orloff said...

Mark:
That is what a reader (and friend) said recently.

If you knew the Russian side of my family, you would say it's definitely that.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home