Mark Terry

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Keeping Track


November 1, 2007

I hear November is typically the month that there's this thing about writing a novel in 30 days. I was going to look it up, it's called something like NaMaMo or NaNoMo or something (feel free to remind me), but I was into my dashboard here and didn't feel like stopping because... well, read on.
I just mentioned a couple days ago about avoidance behavior, how I was working on too many projects at once. I mentioned that my agent liked what I had done on CHINA FIRE. So it seemed logical to really kick butt on it.
But in a discussion with her about a couple of my other projects, I mentioned the political thriller and sent her what I'd done to-date, which was about 70 pages or so. She got back to me in a couple days (yesterday, primarily) to say she loved it, but I needed to kill the prologue and she had an editor in mind who loved that kind of thing.
There's a lot more to this, but I asked her to hold off a bit so I could cut the prologue (I was debating doing it anyway), get the length up to 100 pages or so, and brush up the rest of the manuscript. So we made a deal, which I won't go into here, and that's what I'm going to do.
I also want to get a big chunk of CHINA FIRE done, preferably getting a draft completed before January 1, 2008.
So, if not in the actuality of NaNoMo, but in the spirit of, I'm going to alert you to my daily word counts on these two projects. The other project we'll call HM.
So, 10/31/07
HM: 1100 words (approximately)
CF: 0 (yeah, bummer. But I hit a point where I needed to do some research).
Cheers,
Mark Terry

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a brave man! If I tried that I'd be paralyzed!

Anyway....Go...Go....Go!!!!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

I'm trying to use the spirit of NaNoWriMo, too. I need to push myself through the worry about wasting my time. And partly because this is it; this is all the time I have for this project until sometime mid-next year.

Good luck! I'll be rooting for you!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wholesale lingerie directly from China?
As a famous brand and specialized manufacturer of sexy clothing in China. We supply the international market with fashionable sexy lingerie and sexy costume since 2002. With advanced technology,all our products are of high quality. Now we have clients all around the world. Lingerie Wholesale and OEM are welcomed!

As a Lingerie Manufacturer, Charmingirl has standard workshop and production line, professional designers and experienced workers.
We do Wholesale Underwear,
Lingerie Wholesale, including corset and bustier,
Sexy Lingerie Wholesale, including bikini, underwear
Lingerie Wholesale, and Babydolls, Sexy Lingerie Wholesale, and
Sexy Lingerie Wholesale including sleepwear,clubwear.
Lingerie Wholesale from China: Lingerie China, you will find the
Leather Lingerie and PVC Lingerie, also you can buy
Christmas Costume and Xmas Lingerie
for your Christmas Lingerie Christmas day.
Our Wholesale center: Sexy Lingerie Wholesale can do Lingerie Wholesale online.
Halloween Costume,
also wholesale Adult Costume with fashion Babydoll Babydoll, and bra and panties Bra and Panties, Sexy Uniform Sexy Uniform is also our major products.
we have strong ability on production, research and technology, advanced facilities that is imported fromGermany and Japan, now our monthly output is 100000 pcs.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home