Mark Terry

Thursday, February 08, 2007

3:51 Tampa Time

February 8, 2007
Well, it's the same time in Tampa as it is in Michigan where I live, but I'm currently in Tampa and it sure as hell seems different.

Yesterday:

Tried to leave the house at 4:30 to head to the airport, but the Schwan's reps came to sell us food stuffs and blocked the driveway.

So I got going around 4:45. Traffic sucked. My flight was at 7:35 (Northwest). I hit the airport parking at 6:10. Took the shuttle over to the airport, stood in line forever to get my boarding pass etc., printed out, then stood in line even longer doing what I think of as the TSA Shuffle, trying to figure out how to juggle a laptop, a leather jacket, shoes, wallet, cell phone, flash drive, car keys...

I haven't eaten dinner and it's 20 to 7. Do I have time to stop at one of the restaurants? My flight won't get into Tampa until 10:30. I decide I need to get to my gate first, and finally get to my gate at 6:50. The plane loads at 7:05, so I grab some pizza at the Hungry Howie's. They start loading right on time, even if they've overbooked the flight (somebody explain why airlines do this?).

The plane, which was supposed to leave at 7:35, sits at the gate until 8:00. We hit Tampa at 10:30. I wait around for my suitcase to arrive, catch a cab to the hotel. Time of check-in: 11:10. Call my wife and wake her up, unpack, then try to get to sleep. Yeah, right. I sleep like crap.

Wake-up call is 6:30. I make it out of the shower in enough time to eat breakfast that I had delivered to the room while I watch the local news and Good Morning, America. I haven't been to Tampa in about 14 years, but I see it still qualifies as Weird News Central. Nice story about a dead guy shot to death in his car at the parking lot of the zoo.

Hit the meeting at 8:00 until 12-ish. Have lunch with the guy who hires me, chat, take a walk outside. Find out it's 70+ degrees and sunny. I'm never leaving.

Go back and run into a woman I have corresponded with from time to time. Introduce her to the guy who hires me (she's a consultant in his field and writes--if he hires her to do some work I should get a percentage :)). I finally decide I've had enough and flee back to my room, figure out how to go online and pretty soon I'm heading out to enjoy the sun and think about a little shopping and dinner.

Sunny and warm in February. This is something I could get used to.

Best,
Mark Terry

2 Comments:

Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

Oh, man. I've decided to live vicariously through your blog instead of be jealous of you. Florida! More about the sun, please. And warmth, and lack of snow. :-)

Have fun!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Charmingirl said...

Wholesale lingerie directly from China?
As a famous brand and specialized manufacturer of sexy clothing in China. We supply the international market with fashionable sexy lingerie and sexy costume since 2002. With advanced technology,all our products are of high quality. Now we have clients all around the world. Lingerie Wholesale and OEM are welcomed!

As a Lingerie Manufacturer, Charmingirl has standard workshop and production line, professional designers and experienced workers.
We do Wholesale Underwear,
Lingerie Wholesale, including corset and bustier,
Sexy Lingerie Wholesale, including bikini, underwear
Lingerie Wholesale, and Babydolls, Sexy Lingerie Wholesale, and
Sexy Lingerie Wholesale including sleepwear,clubwear.
Lingerie Wholesale from China: Lingerie China, you will find the
Leather Lingerie and PVC Lingerie, also you can buy
Christmas Costume and Xmas Lingerie
for your Christmas Lingerie Christmas day.
Our Wholesale center: Sexy Lingerie Wholesale can do Lingerie Wholesale online.
Halloween Costume,
also wholesale Adult Costume with fashion Babydoll Babydoll, and bra and panties Bra and Panties, Sexy Uniform Sexy Uniform is also our major products.
we have strong ability on production, research and technology, advanced facilities that is imported fromGermany and Japan, now our monthly output is 100000 pcs.

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home